Do you have a senior in your life who needs more support due to issues related to aging or illness? Did you know there’s a local service that can guide you through all the emotional and practical issues you need to consider when seeking senior care? Let us show you how First Choice Senior Placement can help you find the best care options for your loved one.
We’ve been helping with senior care placement since 2013 and have helped over a thousand families. Whether you’re wanting to explore your options or need immediate placement assistance, we will cater to your needs with knowledge and compassion.
First Choice Senior Placement
We provide FREE Senior Housing Placement, Senior Care Referrals and Senior Advisory Services.
First Choice Senior Placement helps families navigate the challenges of moving a loved one into assisting living. Our Certified Senior Advisors (CSA’s) understand that this process can be exhausting and overwhelming for seniors and their families, and are dedicated to giving each of our clients the help and advice they need to comfortably transition.
Our caring team provides step-by-step guidance to find the best fit for each unique situation. Through respect and compassion, our First Choice Advisors provide individualized options that help clients maintain their independence and dignity while still ensuring that safety and health considerations are met.
Our clients receive support and guidance throughout the care evaluation and selection process to ensure that their transition is seamless. We provide thoughtful solutions that are suited to the needs and budget of each client. Our services are always offered free of charge and are accessible to anyone in need of placement advice or assistance in the Greater Sacramento area
What Are Your Senior Living Options?
Why Choose First Choice Senior Placement?
Our team of CSA’s have developed personal connections with service providers that we have grown to know and trust.
We personally visit each and every community we recommend to our clients so that we know we are providing a safe senior living space and a healthy sense of belonging. We have conducted evaluations of over 600 facilities in our area and have a keen understanding of their offerings. We know each of the providers personally, and are able to help our clients make informed choices based on their requirements.
Unlike many of the larger placement agencies, we have deep ties within our local community and are able to use those connections to access better care and living arrangements for our clients. Families can take comfort in the knowledge that their loved one will be handled with the care they deserve.
If you or someone you love is in need of placement advice, we can help. Let our knowledgeable team help guide you through your options and find the right assisted living arrangement for you.
We are proud to provide our clients with the peace of mind they need at a difficult time, and the comfort of knowing they’ve placed their trust in the right hands. We are devoted to the seniors in our community and go above and beyond expectations to find the right solution for every family.
First Choice Senior Placement Offers:
- Emotional support for the family
- Compassion and understanding
- Individual assessments
- Personalized recommendations
- Urgent/high risk placements
- Living Arrangements
Contact First Choice Senior Placement today for a consultation to see what the Sacramento area has to offer. We have helped seniors and their families find suitable assisted living arrangements in Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, San Joaquin, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba counties.
There are great options available for seniors at all levels of care. Let us help you make the right choice for you, or the senior you are caring for.
We Provide Free Assistance To:
- Adult children of elderly parents.
- Spouses who can no longer meet the high demands of caregiving at home.
- Seniors living alone who are in need of companionship and care.
- Retirees looking to downsize and adopt and easy to manage lifestyle.
- Powers of attorney and conservators working on behalf of an elderly family member, friend, or client.
How Do You Know When It’s Time To Consider Assisted Living?
It can be a daunting task to tell an elderly family member it’s time to give up their home and move to assisted living. Most people value independence and want to stay in their house as long as possible. The truth, however, is that this is not a reasonable option for many seniors who are living alone.
Safety or health concerns often dictate the need for additional care, and for most family members, being available around the clock to attend to an aging parent simply isn’t an option. So how do you decide if it’s time to consider an alternative? There are many tell-tale signs that an older person is simply no longer able to care for themselves:
- Poor self-care: If you see that your senior family member is no longer showering or is wearing the same clothing day after day, it’s time to think about their overall ability to look after themselves. A reduced capacity to care for one’s basic hygiene is a big red flag that should definitely not be overlooked.
- Unhygienic home environment: A poorly maintained home is an indicator that your loved one may need some help. Unkempt living space, stacks of papers, piled up laundry or overflowing garbage bins are an important gauge of quality of life. If an elderly person in your life is unable or unwilling to clean their living space, it may mean that they need some help with their day to day activities.
- Social Isolation and Confusion: Living alone or feeling isolated can cause elderly people’s cognitive skills to decline and lead to boredom and depression. If you find that a senior in your life is unable to comment on current events or cannot adequately describe their day-to-day activities, they may need a higher level of care and companionship than family members can provide on their own.
- Health Suffers From Poor Nutrition: If you notice that there are expired foods, foods that are stored improperly or inadequate food in the home, this can be a clear sign that something is amiss. Inadequate nutrition can be a serious detriment to elderly people that may not even realize it is a problem.
- Missing Medications: Many seniors take medications that are critical to their well-being. Seniors that suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia are particularly prone to forget to take their medications. If you notice that medications are being missed one or more times per week, this indicates assistance is needed.
If you are having concerns or see any of these signs that your family member needs help, reach out to us to finding healthy solutions for the long term to ensure continued well-being going forward.